Looking for unique pieces of furniture? Are you a fan of vintage clothes and flea markets in general? Or you just don’t want to spend too much time at known brands’ shops. I can hear you say “Yeah, well I’m an Erasmus student, I need to watch out my budget…” or “I’m just an enthusiastic, but I don’t know where to go.” Well you are in the right place! In this article you will find all the information about second-hand shopping and flea markets in Warsaw.
Thrift Stores All the Way Baby!
Second-hand shops and especially thrift stores are extremely must-go places if you are a kind of person who likes to search for treasures. You can come across so many clothes, accessories, and shoes, which you probably won’t see at chain brands’ shops. Plus, it’s a student budget-friendly option. Spring is coming, so before you wander into H&M for cute skirts and cool t-shirts, give a chance to second-hand shops.
Don’t know where to go? Write down these places or as most students do nowadays, take a quick screenshot!
- ul. Grójecja 62 A (Super cheap)
- ul. Grójecka 72 (You can find a bag at the cost of 50 zloty instead of 300)
- ul. Grójecka 81/87 (Affordable outfits for every occasion)
- “Szmizjerka” Aleja Jerolimskie 11/19 (Get off at the bus stop “Wiatraczna”. The shop is just over there, you can’t miss)
- “Ciuchy i nie tylko” (Here you will find shoes, bags, bedding, clothing, antiques, jewellery…Literally everything! It is located near “Szmizjerka,” you have to go across the street)
Get Flea Market Experience
If you want to immerse yourself in Polish history, then you can’t skip flea markets. Other than museums and Wikipedia search, you can learn and feel a lot more about a country’s history by strolling down a flea market. If you find your room’s decoration too bland, flea markets are perfect to change that, as an alternative to furniture stores. You will come across lots of vintage furniture! Go to one of them on a sunny weekend, preferably Saturday or Sunday. Don’t forget to take your favorite Polish friend with you. Because you’ll want to hear what flea market vendor want to tell you about that old radio.
It’s time to open your Google Maps or Jakdojade app to find a flea market in Warsaw!
- ZOO Market aleja Solidarności 55 (Right next to the Dworzec Wileński Metro Station. You can find 50s, 60s and 70s designs, vintage clothes and accessories, antique books, vinyls, toys, home decor, vintage souvenir. Visit on Saturdays & Sundays from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Bazar no Kole a.k.a. Koło Bazar Obozowa 99 (Wide selection of both antiques and other artifacts of the past. Finding an old helmet from war era is very likely. Every Saturdays and Sundays from 7 a.m. till around 2 p.m.)
Of course, keep up with the trends and fashion. Shop at your favorite brand’s shop. But don’t cross out these awesome used goods heavens and check them out this weekend. If you have good eyes, maybe you will find the perfect pair of shoes, which will accompany you during your next adventure across Poland.
Do you want to recommend your favorite second-hand shop or got more tips? Oh maybe you found a nice pair of jeans at one of the places above? Comment below and let us know!